Thursday, November 18, 2010

Burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?

Poor girl. A waitress was reduced to tears the other night because of an unruly customer having temperature issues with her steak (apparently it was underdone when it came out, then overcooked after she sent it back, or something like that). What really sent the waitress fleeing to bathroom, however, was when the fed-up woman hissed at her, "It's because of you that I'm eating cold pizza tonight."

I probably would've fared better with that table, as I happen to love cold pizza (an enthusiastic "Ooh! Can I come over?" would've been a fun reply). I do feel bad for the waitress, but she really needs to let confrontations like that roll off her back if she wants to keep her sanity at this place (our restaurant's clientele send food back like it's a bodily function). When I was a line cook at my previous job, an old man told me that I ruined his Fourth of July. Feh.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, because it's the WAITRESS'S fault the steak wasn't cooked to her liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so sad! I could see myself running to the bathroom to cry after a comment like that.

    Also, i heard you're working someplace new? Where is it at? text me ^_^

    ReplyDelete