Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome to Live and Let Dine!



Welcome, everyone! I'm quite pleased to finally be posting the initial entry for Live and Let Dine - a food-centric blog which will detail a variety of topics in the culinary world, ranging from my own personal cooking misadventures to different restaurants I come across (not to mention thoughts on the current season of Top Chef - June 16th, baby!). My overall hope is that the nature and diversity of these posts will be entertaining to readers who see food as more than mere sustenance, as well as therapeutic for those currently entrenched the culinary lifestyle.

Alongside film and music, food is one my greatest passions and, having worked almost exclusively in the restaurant industry for the past ten years (both in front and back of house), I have amassed a great deal of not only food-related experience, but anecdotes, as well. The colorful scenarios and characters (whether the chefs themselves, co-workers, or strange and unruly customers) I've encountered in this business provide no shortage of amusing stories, the best of which I plan to share with you readers. Fear not - I don't plan on using this blog solely as a means to complain about my job (I currently work full time at a local, independent, chef-run restaurant - one of the busiest in town). Don't get me wrong - I'm sure it will provide me with an excuse to vent here and there, but the primary goal remains the same, regardless of the entry's content and tone: To provide foodies (eh, if you care for that label - I guess it applies here) with something they'll get a kick out of and fellow restaurant workhorses with something fun they can relate to. Enjoy!

2 comments: